Leo Shalit, Esq.
Profile on SuperLawyers.com
Faculty ID: Marino Legal
Leo Shalit, Esq. is a trial attorney and litigator licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The Law Office of Leo Shalit concentrates on personal injury, criminal defense, and business-related services. Whether representing an injured party, a business entity, or an individual accused of a serious crime, Mr. Shalit zealously fights for his client’s rights and always strives to attain the best result possible. For his personal injury clients, has obtained substantial compensation packages both through jury trials as well as out-of-court settlements. In the criminal defense arena, Leo has successfully represented individuals facing serious felony and misdemeanor charges. He is a member of the Marino Continued Legal Education faculty and has taught a course titled “Auto Litigation and The No-Fault Statute.”
Academia & Scholarship
Leo Shalit is a graduate of Pace University School of Law. While in law school, Leo was an honor-based selectee for Pace University’s prestigious Advanced Appellate Advocacy Program and also earned a Certificate in Land Use and Real Estate. He completed his undergraduate studies at Pace University Lubin School of Business, earning a degree in Business Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. During his undergraduate tenure at Pace University, Leo was the President of the Law Society and was an honor-based member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. A lifelong practitioner of the martial arts, Leo Shalit holds a 1st Degree Black Belt in Judo and was a bronze medal winner at the New York Empire State Games. He has also competed in various Thai Kickboxing tournaments. Leo Shalit is fluent in Russian and conversant in Spanish.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- United States Supreme Court – Washington D.C.
- United States District Court – Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court – Southern District of New York
- New York State – Appellate Division Second Department
- New York State – Supreme Court
- Russian [Русский]
- Spanish [Espanol]
- Pace University – School of Law (Advanced Appellate Advocacy Program)
- Pace University – Lubin School of Business (Entrepreneurship Concentration)